Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recover Deleted (written over) Sim Card Contacts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Robertacr

Robertacr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

I tried to do some research on the forum for a previous thread. Sorry if I missed it.

Now the problem. I was moving my father in laws contacts from phone to sim card. My error and I wrote over the contacts instead of merging. Now I am working frantically (of course) to try to recover the written over (deleted) contacts. My father in law is in consturction so all of his work related contacts were there.

What I have done so far to no avail.

1) Purchased the Data Doctor Recovery Program (because I read that it could recover sms, contacts etcetera). Well I did not read the description very well since there is a comma between sms and contacts and it does not state that it recovers contacts. Bummer.
2) Purchased a Dekart Sim card reader (to go along with the Data Doctor Recovery software) and downloaded the software. Great reader by the way. It reads the sim card just fine. However it can not recover the written over or deleted contacts.
3) Went to the local Computer Gurus who gave me a program (testdisc and photorec both free)that recovers lots of photos and other file types. However due to the sim card reader not being seen as a drive on my computer this will not work. Also upon furhter review I see that the Sim card is a UICC file that is not covered in the file types that this program recovers.
4) I have done some very extensive research and am not able to come to a better solution as of yet.

So my question:
1) Is there a program that will recover the deleted contacts from a sim card?
2) If not, is there a program that will enable my sim card reader program to be seen as a drive when intalled into my USB port?

Any and all help with this delema will be more than appreciated.

Edited by Robertacr, 15 January 2013 - 07:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

I have a nephew trying to recover a voicemail from his cell phone. Ran across this...not sure if it will work or help you.

http://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/150699.page Post back if you get a solution.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users