Now the problem. I was moving my father in laws contacts from phone to sim card. My error and I wrote over the contacts instead of merging. Now I am working frantically (of course) to try to recover the written over (deleted) contacts. My father in law is in consturction so all of his work related contacts were there.
What I have done so far to no avail.
1) Purchased the Data Doctor Recovery Program (because I read that it could recover sms, contacts etcetera). Well I did not read the description very well since there is a comma between sms and contacts and it does not state that it recovers contacts. Bummer.
2) Purchased a Dekart Sim card reader (to go along with the Data Doctor Recovery software) and downloaded the software. Great reader by the way. It reads the sim card just fine. However it can not recover the written over or deleted contacts.
3) Went to the local Computer Gurus who gave me a program (testdisc and photorec both free)that recovers lots of photos and other file types. However due to the sim card reader not being seen as a drive on my computer this will not work. Also upon furhter review I see that the Sim card is a UICC file that is not covered in the file types that this program recovers.
4) I have done some very extensive research and am not able to come to a better solution as of yet.
So my question:
1) Is there a program that will recover the deleted contacts from a sim card?
2) If not, is there a program that will enable my sim card reader program to be seen as a drive when intalled into my USB port?
Any and all help with this delema will be more than appreciated.
Edited by Robertacr, 15 January 2013 - 07:56 PM.