late last night, against my better judgement (At the late hour of two AM EST) I installed file shredder. It turns out, Cnet is a hub for malware from what I can tell. (Well, I'd assume so.) Seeing as I had to uninstall and rip quite a few addons out by hand, and with Spy-bot search and destroy. Oh, and Malware bytes made an appearance as well. Norton 2012 did, but she crashed after I lagged her out due to playing a game and scanning at the same time. While I believe this may not have been a virus, or malware, the chance that it is still bothers me.
SpyBOT deleted roughly ten PUPSC on it's own, Malware bytes another three. While I am unsure as to if these are viruses, or just unneeded programs, I decided to come here. Now, for a simplified list of what I've done:
1. Downloaded fileshredder and accidentally might've infected myself.
2. Freaked out for five minutes, booted up SpyBOT and Malware bytes.
3. Scanned with both, restarted after a failed restore attempt (This has happened before, the restore attempt failing so I don't believe it to be a symptom.)
4. Scanning again, Malware bytes is currently looking over my system, and Spy-bot has just finished saying 'You're clean.'
5. Checked my firewalls over and over, no activity save me reconnecting to the internet after I crashed my AV (At-least I believe that was my fault.)
6. I ripped several addons out by hand, and through the programs list.
7. I removed at-least a dozen things from my firefox, google chrome and IE explorers addons.
8. Rebooted my Vista based windows gaming computer, everything seems to be incheck. The only issue I have forseen is: It took me to the VB home page, nothing related to a 'virus', I suppose, lest I be naive in my young age and computer experience.
Should I be worried? This thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic481288.html is what lead to me making my own with the inquiry of 'Will Spy-bot and malware bytes/windows defender/Norton be enough to find and purge it?
Programs used: Spy-bot, Malware bytes, Norton and soon windows defender once the third finishes.
Category: Firewall - Network and Connections
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Category
2013-01-15 16:02:04,Info,"Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter \"Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface\" (IP address: 2001::9d38:953c:24be:3461:3f57:fdfd).",Detected,No Action Required,Firewall - Network and Connections
Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" (IP address: 2001::9d38:953c:24be:3461:3f57:fdfd).
Oh, and that seems to be popping up in recent activity.
I do hope this will gain some attention, and I do apologize if any of this is 'odd' in the eyes of others, I'm just trying to salvage my machine (If it isn't already clean.)
Oh, and it attempted to install some power point crap. I deleted it as soon as I noticed it.
Edit: I have yet to have any form of real 'random redirects' save my homepage being replaced with Visual bee's. That, and the small coupon thing that for some reason made certain words on a forum I go to links to coupons.
Also, Malwarebytes froze up twice on the scan, but it's found one thing so far. Should I be worried, or no?
http://pastebin.com/sumAiG9m Malwarebytes scan.
Edited by Lehr, 15 January 2013 - 10:52 PM.