Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI has locked computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 casmik

casmik

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

right after boot up a screen pops up saying FBI has locked pc and i need to purchase a green dot prepaid card and pay $350 to unlock computer. Can't do anything except ctrl-alt-del or use power button to shut off.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on....

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Hello,
First of all, please disconnect your computer from the internet (either power off your router or unplug the LAN cable). After doing this, restart the computer and see if it still loads the ransom screen.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users