Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hanging, Restarting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 netkocro

netkocro

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Mod Edit: Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic463264.html/page__st__15 - Hamluis.

Hi there James,
i followed your instructions(with PartedMagic) and i was hoping that u could help me.

I have windows xp(32-bit).

I attached the files that u required in earlier posts, so if u need anything else, i will gladly do it.
Is this hdd ok?

The problem is that it hangs when loading windows(the hang hapens when xp logo and bar are shown on black screen). Then after a few minutes it restarts. When im trying to load windows in safe mode it hangs at loading drivers(avgidshx.sys - some AVG antivirus driver).

Thanx in advance :wink:

PS
.txt file is a little messed up when u opened it with notepad, so i suggesst notepadd++ :)
fdisk -l and gdisk -l devsub are comming up...

Edited by hamluis, 15 January 2013 - 05:54 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 netkocro

netkocro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

OOps i didnt do it right... :blush:

Here it is (i hope so)Attached File  ExcelStor_Technology_J9250S_GEK230T2AE9QAB_2013-01-15.txt   9.23KB   1 downloads

Attached Files

#3 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hi

The repair done in this thread was different than your situation. This one was for an external 2TB drive going bad and interfering with Window's ability to boot while it was connected. Windows booted fine when it was not connected.

In your case, you should start a new thread in the Windows XP subforum.

Before you do that you can start the computer and keep pressing F8 to get to the Advanced Boot Options menu and choose
Disable automatic restart on system failure
Then instead of restarting, it will probably give you a blue screen error that you can mention in your post.

James

#4 netkocro

netkocro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Thank you james for your quick answer... :thumbup2:

I will do that first thing in the morning

Mod Edit: Moved your posts, created topic in XP - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 15 January 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#5 netkocro

netkocro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Ok, i maneged to see the BSOD. F8 didn't work for me, couse there was no option Disable automatic restart on system failure. I also couldnt get to Safe mode. So i used method describe on this page, to change registry entry. Hope this helps someone :)

Anyway, the BSOD states following:
PartMgr.sys
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONEPAGE_AREA
STOP: 0x00000050

I must say that this is not my PC, but from my cousin. I recevided this PC for the first time before 1 year. It had the same problems as i described it in earlier posts(hangs out at windows xp logo screen and then restart). The thing is that sometimes it could load the windows and sometimes it couldnt. When i tried to power it up, everything went ok and windows started normaly. I tested it all day, but everytime i could normaly load windows. So, i reinstalled windows(just in case... :whistle: ) and everything seemed to work normaly. I also did a chdisk and memtest, and as i can remeber, everything went fine. But, next day, the problem started again. Becouse this PC use older people in his family(and not very often), the problem wasn't that bad for them. It was only taking some time to load windows. And now(after a year) they called me that windows cant load at all. So i took PC to have a look, and saw that HDD is disconected from the motherboard :hysterical: . Ok, i pluged it in and thought that the problems where sorted. But when i started PC, it passes POST, then goes to windows xp logo screen and hangs in there for about 2-3 minutes and then restarts and again and again.

Sorry for the longer post.

If u need more info or anything else just say. :wink:

Edited by netkocro, 16 January 2013 - 05:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users