Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Widescreen Laptop Aspect Ratio

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

I've got a widescreen laptop here, and it shows everything all stretched out. A 100x100 pixel square, for example, looks like a rectangle. This makes things difficult while attempting to make graphics. Is there any way to make things look normal? I tried playing with the resolution settings, but that didn't make things look any less stretched. How can I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:57 PM

Try updating or rolling back the driver for the graphics adapter.

What brand and model is the laptop?

Edited by Enthusiast, 28 March 2006 - 07:57 PM.

#3 vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:09 PM

It's a Gateway. I don't really know much about it, it's my boyfriend's computer that he got from school (Collins College). Over here on the side it says "intel inside, pentium 4," if that makes any difference.

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

Over here on the side it says "intel inside, pentium 4," if that makes any difference.

Not much. If you turn the computer upside-down, there should be model information on the bottom.

#5 vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

Model #: M675PRR

#6 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:19 PM

So it's a Gateway.

First thing I'd do is check to see if you can find something in the Display Properties - look in the Settings tab to see that the correct Display is listed. It's possible that it's set for an external monitor or something.

You might also check your drivers in the Device Manager. Go to your Control Panel and double-click on System. Then the Hardware tab and Device Manager button.

Look for any problems with video drivers.

This should be the driver for your video if it's in need of restoring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users