My name is Matthias
and I'll help you with the cleanup of your computer.Please be aware of the following:
- Please complete all steps in the specified order.
- Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
- Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
- Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as you can.
- Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
- If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need help anymore and your topic will be closed.
- I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all malware. Formatting is usually faster and always the safest way.
- If you decide to clean your PC, work with us until a team member tells you that you are clean.
- As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
Please download DDS
by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.pif
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- Mark the option attach.txt.
- Click on Start.
- After the scan has finished, confirm the message with Ok.
- DDS will automatically open both logfiles.
- You can find them on your desktop as well.
- Please post the content of those logfiles with your next answer.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HEREStep 2
Please download DeFogger
to your desktop
Double click DeFogger
to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable
which will appear on your desktop.Do not
re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Step 3
Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror which will download a randomly named file
- Zipped Mirror - Unzip the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection
- It is very important you do not use your computer while GMER is running
- Double-click on the randomly named GMER icon
- GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan
- If you receive a warning about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system click NO
- Please check in the Quick scan box
- Please uncheck the following:
- Show All <<< Important
- Click Scan
- If you see a rootkit warning window click OK
- When the scan is finished, Save the results to your desktop as gmer.log
- Click Copy then paste the results in your reply
- Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your Antivirus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled
What you should post with your next answer:
- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode
- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a Blue Screen of Death, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning
- both logfiles from DDS,
- the logfile from GMER.