Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Cell] Can I hide my contacts from caller ID

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Ok so I just got an Android Phone (Galaxy S2) and am having an issue with caller ID. I have a bunch of family numbers stored redundantly as the person's name and also under ICE which is emergency contact info. I don't want to see ICE when they call, I want the person's name. So I'm looking for a way to tell my phone never to display the contact "ICE" on my caller ID.

Google tells me a million ways to turn my Caller ID off or turn it to numbers only, and gives me 2 million ways to block my own number but returns nothing on this particular issue.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

The only thing I can think of is to remove the ICE entries. Instead, carry a paper document with emergency contact info. which would be for the use of other folks anyway. You know who your emergency contacts are and thus don't need to have them double-listed in your phone.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 bigalexe

bigalexe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Thanks that actually gave me an idea. I have my medical history stored in Dropbox and have it as a PDF. I think I'll put a link to that on my home screen as a document instead of storing it as a contact.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users