Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run Time Termination Can Not Use Explorer Or I-explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jim2

jim2

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:58 PM

out of the blue comes a dialog box that says

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\...\Internet explorer\iexplorer
This app has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact ....."

then it auto sends an error report and auto opens my web browser (I am running monzilla) and a crash report is sent to me telling me that the error is from an I-net explore add-on

I did a lot to the computer over the last few days so it could be anything.

1. I added Monzilla
2. I paid for an over the net filter for safe browsing for my kids call B-Safe Online by B-Secure
3. I down loaded a new ativirus called anti-vir (free)
4. I down loaded Pop-Up Stopper (free)
5. I down loaded Ad-aware SE (free)

I had a number of problems that do not seem to be related.

Now I can not access i-explore to get to the Tools to get to Manage Add-ons--- nor can I get to controll panel either. This has to be some sort of explorer issue because I can not get to any of my stored files.

I can not open My Computer or Explorer to see my files.

But I can open files on my desk top. although I can not open a short cut on my desk top. I can get to the internet (as you can see) but only using Monzilla.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:54 PM

Mod Bump
Posted Image

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:15 AM

If you know the date this problem first started the fastest and easiest way to resolve the problem is with Windows XP System Restore.

To access System Restore, click start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore - click on it and the System Restore wizard will open.
Pick a restore date that is before you downloaded all these aps.

If that doesn't work,
To start with, I think you should uninstall the B-Safe product to see if that resolves the problem. You can reinstall it later once the problem is fixed.

To uninstall it from the Control Center:

1. Access the security services:
* Double-click the security services icon on your desktop, or
* Double-click the security services icon in your system tray (bottom right corner of your screen, next to the clock).
2. Click the Settings link in the toolbar.
3. Click Uninstall.
Note: Do not check the Cancel Account box unless you want to cancel your Internet Protection Service. If you cancel your account, you will not be able to reinstall the product.
4. Check the Cancel Account box only if you want to cancel your account (see FAQ #321 for details on canceling your account).
5. To keep your D-Link Internet Protection Service account open but temporarily uninstall it, click Uninstall. (Click the Cancel button if you decide not to uninstall the product.)
An Authentication dialog box is displayed.
6. Type in your password in the field provided, and click [OK].
The uninstall process begins, and you are asked to restart your computer.
7. Click Restart.
Once your computer restarts, the product has been fully uninstalled.

To uninstall from Windows:

1. From your Start menu, go to the Control Panel. {If Control Panel is not in your Start menu, go to My Computer and then Control Panel.)
2. Select Add or Remove Programs.
3. Select Bsecure Internet Protection Services, and click [Remove].
4. Continue with Steps 4 through 7 above to complete uninstall.

The others you added should not have affected Microsoft Runtime, although anything is possible, but in order to repair it you need to get IE to open again.

Let us know.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:13 PM

I'd suggest that you run a free, online scan here (using Mozilla): http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/h...call_launch.php

Next, I'd suggest a repair install of Windows XP to repair IE. Instructions here: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users