Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BROWSERS

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

HI,I do not know if this a real problem but i have noticed that when i am on F/F i can move around on the internet
faster then when i am on I.E. is this common or is there something i have going on in the back ground or just I.E. blot,thanks

Edited by hamluis, 15 January 2013 - 09:19 AM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hello LOVEMYPC -

Can you list the versions of all the browsers you have installed ??
Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE and Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Thank You -

#3 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.57
Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86
Internet Explorer 8
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Firewall Enabled!
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013
Microsoft Security Essentials
Antivirus out of date!
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
SpywareBlaster 4.6
Spybot - Search & Destroy
SUPERAntiSpyware
Secunia PSI (2.0.0.4003)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.70.0.1100
CCleaner
Java 7 Update 10
Java version out of Date!
Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.146
Adobe Reader XI
Mozilla Firefox (18.0)
Google Chrome 23.0.1271.97
Google Chrome 24.0.1312.52
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng.exe
Microsoft Security Essentials msseces.exe
AVG avgwdsvc.exe
AVG avgrsx.exe
AVG avgnsx.exe
AVG avgemc.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C:: 4%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

#4 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

SpywareBlaster 4.6
Spybot - Search & Destroy
SUPERAntiSpyware
Secunia PSI (2.0.0.4003)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.70.0.1100
CCleaner
Java 7 Update 11
Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.146
Adobe Reader XI
Mozilla Firefox (18.0)
Google Chrome 23.0.1271.97
Google Chrome 24.0.1312.52
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng.exe
Microsoft Security Essentials msseces.exe
AVG avgwdsvc.exe
AVG avgrsx.exe
AVG avgnsx.exe
AVG avgemc.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C:: 2%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Hi -
For a start please remove one of these installed Antivirus programs. You should only have one installed at any time -

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013
Microsoft Security Essentials

This will not help your performance at all -

Do you just "feel like" F/fox is quicker, and have you compared both to the Chrome that you have installed ??

I use I.E. 95% of the time, and I find it is as quick as any other browser -

Thank You -

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

The speed of a browser can be affected by the number of plugins, extensions, addons, and toolbars on it. Try running IE with Addons disabled and see if it makes a difference in the speed.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/181909-run-internet-explorer-8-with-no-add-ons/

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

HI,nokojon,With I.E. it would be like it would hang up or pause for quite awhile before completing the next task whereas with F/F
it would go right to the next task without pausing,i removed MSE for now,also the main reason i like F/F is i have 3 email address's
that i use and F/F will bring all 3 up when i log on and let me choose which email address i want to use click on it whereas with I.E.
you have to put in your UN&PW to go emails unless there is a way to do the same with I.E. as i do with F/F,THANKS

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hi -
For I.E. go - Open I.E. > Click Tools (or the ALT button if you do not see Tools) > Internet Options > Content > Auto Complete > Settings > Tick All boxes > Click OK > Apply > OK and you should have I.E. set to, First ask if you wish to Save the Logon and Password, and you will see all of the rest written there -
F/F will bring all 3 up when i log on < < Try and save these to desktop or similar in IE -
Also see above by O-Blossom for help with disabling add-ons in I.E that slow it down -

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
Shut down your protection software (Antivirus) now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
If there is any junk removed you can post the log if you wish -

Thank You -
Small edit to text -

Edited by noknojon, 18 January 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#9 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 4.4.4 (01.17.2013:1)
Ran by Admin on Fri 01/18/2013 at 23:38:51.53

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

Successfully deleted: [Registry Value] hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\\inboxtoolbar
Successfully deleted: [Registry Value] hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\internet explorer\toolbar\\{95b7759c-8c7f-4bf1-b163-73684a933233}
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\internet explorer\searchscopes\\DefaultScope
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\internet explorer\searchscopes\\DefaultScope
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] hkey_users\.default\software\microsoft\internet explorer\searchscopes\\DefaultScope
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] hkey_users\s-1-5-18\software\microsoft\internet explorer\searchscopes\\DefaultScope
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] hkey_users\s-1-5-19\software\microsoft\internet explorer\searchscopes\\DefaultScope
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] hkey_users\s-1-5-20\software\microsoft\internet explorer\searchscopes\\DefaultScope
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] hkey_users\S-1-5-21-682003330-1592454029-839522115-1003\software\microsoft\internet explorer\searchscopes\\DefaultScope
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\internet explorer\searchscopes\{0633ee93-d776-472f-a0ff-e1416b8b2e3a}\\DisplayName
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\internet explorer\searchscopes\{0633ee93-d776-472f-a0ff-e1416b8b2e3a}\\URL

~~~ Registry Keys

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\firstsearch
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_current_user\software\inbox toolbar
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\inbox toolbar
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\systweak
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\appid\scripthelper.exe
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\appid\viprotocol.dll
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\inbox.appserver
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\inbox.ibx404
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\inbox.jsserver
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\inbox.toolbar
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\protocols\handler\inbox
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\protocols\handler\viprotocol
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\scripthelper.scripthelperapi
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\scripthelper.scripthelperapi.1
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\viprotocol.viprotocolole
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\classes\viprotocol.viprotocolole.1
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\browser helper objects\{95b7759c-8c7f-4bf1-b163-73684a933233}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_classes_root\clsid\{d3d233d5-9f6d-436c-b6c7-e63f77503b30}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_classes_root\clsid\{d7e97865-918f-41e4-9cd0-25ab1c574ce8}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] hkey_classes_root\clsid\{d824f0de-3d60-4f57-9eb1-66033ecd8abb}

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\comcasttb"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\inbox toolbar"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\opencandy"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Application Data\installation assistant"
Failed to delete: [Folder] "C:\Program Files\inbox toolbar"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\start menu\programs\inbox toolbar"

~~~ FireFox

Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\rwdxnbya.default\invalidprefs.js
Successfully deleted: [File] "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\rwdxnbya.default\extensions\jid0-4orfW3BEEP2lE79bS5cfA7zF13Y@jetpack.xpi"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\rwdxnbya.default\inbox toolbar
Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\rwdxnbya.default\extensions\jid0-5eJWDQmbUwjlamJxBboir3tKOM4@jetpack
Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\rwdxnbya.default\extensions\inboxcomtoolbar@inbox.com
Successfully deleted the following from C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\rwdxnbya.default\prefs.js

user_pref("ibxcomtb.defs", "<buttons><button id=\"News_Streams\" position=\"100\" default=\"3\" type=\"dropdown\" status_disabled=\"0\" ver=\"1.0.0.0\">\n <caption>News Strea
user_pref("ibxcomtb.skin", "<button id=\"RED_GREEN\" type=\"skin\" ver=\"1.0.0.1\">\n\n <expand firstbutton=\"11\" combo=\"27\" lastbutton=\"45\"/>\n <offset fb=\"2\" cb=\"1

Scan was completed on Fri 01/18/2013 at 23:48:33.57
End of JRT log

#10 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

HI,nokojon,I see there were quite a few registry entries deleted hope only means only bad stuff was deleted,do not know how all of
this stuff got on PC i try to be as careful as possible about going to questionable sites,after running scan i restarted PC do not know
if that makes a difference,but with a lot of M/S stuff they ask you to restart your PC,THANKS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users