Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP PLZ!!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nyko

Nyko

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

ONE day my laptop froze, So i shut it off using the power button. I turned it back on clicked on start windows normally. It went like it was gonna start normally then it went back to the screen with start windows normally and safe mode. I click anything in that menu it acts like its gonna start then back to the menu. What could it be please someone help.

Edited by Nyko, 14 January 2013 - 04:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I can't help but it would help others to help you if you could split your description into sentences (ie with punctuation) of what you did and saw. Step by step.

#3 Nyko

Nyko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I can't help but it would help others to help you if you could split your description into sentences (ie with punctuation) of what you did and saw. Step by step.

sorry i was in a rush to get it done had to run somone to work

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

I agree, punctuation would make this much easier to understand. This would include capitalization at the beginning of sentences andproper punctuation at the end of sentences.

Some of our members use translation software in order to read posts here, the way you are presenting information can confuse this type of software.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Do you have the installation disc for this operating system?

Edited by dc3, 14 January 2013 - 04:29 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Nyko

Nyko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I agree, punctuation would make this much easier to understand. This would include capitalization at the beginning of sentences andproper punctuation at the end of sentences.

Some of our members use translation software in order to read posts here, the way you are presenting information can confuse this type of software.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Do you have the installation disc for this operating system?

No on the menu with safe mode i click anything it just sends me back to that menu. Yes i have all the discs

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Since you have the installation disc I would suggest wiping the hdd with a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke to overwrite the hdd which will effectively give you a blank hdd to start with and then install the operating system.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Nyko

Nyko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Since you have the installation disc I would suggest wiping the hdd with a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke to overwrite the hdd which will effectively give you a blank hdd to start with and then install the operating system.

How do i use a program on it if i cant get anywhere past that menu with safe mode and stuff?.

Edited by Nyko, 14 January 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

The installation disc is a ISO file, this means that you will be able to boot from it. You may need to enter the BIOS and change the boot order so that your optical drive is the first device in the boot order in order to boot from the disc.

#9 Nyko

Nyko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

The installation disc is a ISO file, this means that you will be able to boot from it. You may need to enter the BIOS and change the boot order so that your optical drive is the first device in the boot order in order to boot from the disc.

ok thanks i dont know how to change to boot order. but i can prolly look it up somewhere.

#10 Nyko

Nyko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

how do i get to the BIOS from the menu with safe mode and start windows normally? because my laptop will not let me get past that menu

Edited by Nyko, 14 January 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#11 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

As the PC starts to boot you press the appropriate key (before the menu you have been talking about). It will show it on the screen but may be too fast first time through. You may have to note it and start again. It could be F2, Del etc. Here is a list by PC make. The boot order may be called something slightly different - go through the pages until you find it. There may be a page called "Boot". Change from your hard drive as first in the order to your CD/DVD drive. Save changes and Exit. Turn off PC. Put in the disk and restart the computer.

There are plenty of online guides to changing boot order if you google something like "set boot order", no quotes.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users