Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows's Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

During POST, screen reads "Verifying DMI pool data... Err2Err3".

I was playing a game and it was between a cutscene and gameplay when it froze on a black loading screen. I hard reset the computer and when it went to POST it gave me the above error message.

I first reset CMOS, but no luck. I then checked to make sure hard drive detection was configured properly, it was, but still no luck. I then researched the error and concluded I should try to repair the MBR.

I first followed these instructions HERE, but afterwards I received a different error message: "Verifying DMI pool data... Missing operating system".

I then tried to run a couple more commands from the command prompt. I tried...

bootrec /fixmbr

...which did not change anything, and then I ran...

bootrec /rebuildbcd

...and this command changed my error code to "Verifying DMI pool data... No operating system installed".

Please advise. :(
for3ver,
goose90proof

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Can you boot into the Advanced Boot Options?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

That's after POST isn't it? I'll try when I get home. What would be the purpose, startup repair? I would do startup repair from the DVD but it can't even see the installation.
for3ver,
goose90proof

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

No, it is not in the post. This is when Windows is initially starting up, most computers need to have the F8 key repeatedly pressed as soon as the power button is pressed. You should see a page similar to the one below.

Posted Image

To navigate in this you will need to use the up and down arrows and use Enter to select a choice. Example: Use the up or down arrow to move the cursor onto the Safe Mode and then press Enter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thanks dc3. I know it is not included in POST. I meant to say that it comes after POST. I tried getting into Advanced Boot Options by pressing F8 but could not. HOWEVER, by some strange magic, I was able to access my Windows installation using the Startup Repair from the installation media. I think my unplugging of 2 external hard drives aided in this as it is the only change I made between attempting to access Advanced Boot Options and then trying the installation media again. Whatever the reason, I am happy that I was able to use a restore point and did not have to re-install Windows. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. BC used to be a lot more active on topics like this. Cheers :)
for3ver,
goose90proof

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users