Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel Spreadsheet Zoom

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 thumper82

thumper82

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:49 PM

one of my users has an excel spreadsheet the they have the zoom set at 60% and naturally they want to just send that wrokpage in an e-mail. When they try to send it to someone else it enlarges itself to 100%, which I know it is supposed to do this. I am trying to figure out though is if there is a way to send the worksheet page in an e-mail at the 60% zoom. I have researched this on microsoft and other websites but with noavail on find the information on doing this, hopefully someone here might know a way to get this done. Thanks in advance for all the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:31 AM

I played around with excel for a few days and asked around (asked people who use it a lot more than I do) and they coulnd't figure anything out on it. I think that it just defaults to a certain size when it opens something.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 thumper82

thumper82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:47 AM

that is what I was thinking but, they swear the person that used to do it sent it smaller, but of course that person is no longer in the company and never gave that info to anyone. Thanks for your help.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:00 PM

When the spreadsheet is opened, it most likely defaults to whatever zoom the user that opens it has. Perhaps a macro could handle the resizing when opened?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:16 AM

It works for me. Just out of interest I sent myself the same spreadsheet at two different zoom settings (using File >> Send to>> Mail Recipient). When the email arrives double-click the attachment and click "Open with..." rather than save to disk and up it comes at the zoom setting I had when I sent it. The Excel window comes up at the same size as when last opened but the workbook is zoomed as sent. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#6 thumper82

thumper82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:44 PM

right I know if I send the whole spreadsheet it will hold the zoom settings. The user is just trying to send the one sheet of the entire excel workbook not as an attachement though. He is just going file/send to/mail recipient. At that point is when it is at 100% zoom instead as the 60% the user sent it at.

#7 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:22 PM

The user is just trying to send the one sheet of the entire excel workbook

Copy the sheet by right clicking on the Tab and selecting 'Create a copy' and 'To: New Workbook' - you will end up with a (temporary) new workbook with just that one sheet in it. That can then be emailed as a spreadsheet and will retain it's zoom setting. (I tried it). When the email is sent close the new workbook without saving it.

not as an attachement though.

How can you send it via email if it's not an attachment?

He is just going file/send to/mail recipient.

What version of Office are you running? I don't see any option to send just the one sheet in Office 2000.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#8 thumper82

thumper82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:56 AM

I am running office 2003. You can send the spreadsheet as the body of the e-mail if you use file/send to/ mail recipient. If I do it that way it will send the spreadsheet in the body of the e-mail so it would not be an attachement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users