Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

facebook bullying

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 the fisherman

the fisherman

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Hi guys didn't know if this was right section to put this in,
My wee cousin is getting a bit of bullying through Facebook, there is an app on it ask fm, someone with an anonymous name it writing nasty things, was wondering is there anyway of getting up address, or something to locate where they live, thanks ... fisherman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

@ the fisherman,
you could check with your local cable company and have them check out the IP of the "bully"

Welcome to BC!!!
MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#3 the fisherman

the fisherman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

do u mean check with the internet supplyer of the person in question, missplaced, would they be able to trace it, thanks

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

how about just unfriend said person and change the security settings so that only people on their friends list can see their updates. The problem with facebook bullying, is it isnt really bullying unless you allow it to happen, they put in a defriend button for a reason.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 the fisherman

the fisherman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

if you had read my post patriot the person is anonymous, i dont bother with that facebook crap, but it something through facebook called "ask fm" which its happening through,,,, dont know if you familiar with it, like an app for facebook, forget deleting, i want to know who it is, pretty serious whats going on,

Edited by the fisherman, 14 January 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#6 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

the fisherman,

yes they would....

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,841 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

If it's serious, you should work with law enforcement and Facebook security. I would strongly advise against taking action or contacting them in person. Make copies of everything and take it to your police department or other law enforcement agency dealing with cyber crime.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

if you had read my post patriot the person is anonymous, i dont bother with that facebook crap, but it something through facebook called "ask fm" which its happening through,,,, dont know if you familiar with it, like an app for facebook, forget deleting, i want to know who it is, pretty serious whats going on,

Apps are easy enough to delete to, and like animal said, if its serious, then the thing to do is contact the authorities, and let them handle it.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#9 the fisherman

the fisherman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

her mum onto the law, but i dont deal with the law, i just wanted to track him/her down and deal with it the good old irish way, thanks for ur input

#10 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

well, im not going to help anyone deal with it outside the law, so your on your own. The law is there for a reason.

picard5.jpg

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,841 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Bleeping Computer will not be complicit in potentially dangerous, and or criminal activity by assisting someone exact revenge or bodily injury.

This topic is closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users