Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovering Data from Broken iPod

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 frogg

frogg

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Heya

A friend asked me to retrieve music off their broken iPod Touch. I have tried various freeware programs, but they all say I need to enter the passcode. I can't enter the passcode because the touchscreen is completely unresponsive. Any ideas on how to get around this, or to unlock it through USB?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frogg

frogg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

bump. any ideas?

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Ok...you have been sitting here for a couple days. The odds of me helpng are slim. Am curious, what do you see when it's plugged into the computer via USB ?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#4 flipsadler

flipsadler

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

plug your broken iPod touch to your computer with-out synchronizing and create a back-up..now plug your new iPod and do the same create a back up..
now restore your back up from broken iPod to your new iPod touch ... hope it helps..

#5 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

I have a few ideas. First, I'm assuming you know the password. 

What happens when you plug it in? Is it only the screen that's broken? I might be able to help. It might be a stretch though.

Unofficial iOS Genius

#6 LynnBenson

LynnBenson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

I think it's a crazy problem. You can try some iOS data recovery tool. It is not free but best in the industry. 

#7 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

If the drive in the pod is still working, You could try Puppy Linux.

1 Get a copy of Puppy Linux. Download latest Puppy Linux release

2 Burn it to CD/DVD and boot your PC into Linux.

3 Plug in the pod via USB and a box should pop up on your screen( Kinda like when you plug a USB stick into Windows) that allows you to browse the drive in the pod like any other drive, Then you can copy n paste the music to what ever.

#8 mwieting

mwieting

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

As long as the iPod is readible by a computer you can use a product such as iExplorer to move the data from a Touch/iPhone into a local folder or into iTunes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users