Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual boot windows7 and Unbuntu 12.10 Problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nikescomputers87

nikescomputers87

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Hello there i have windows 7 and ubuntu 12.10 dual boot and when i goto ubuntu and turn it on it connects to the internet perfically but when i go back to windows 7 it wont connect no more no matter what u do i tried commands in cmd i tried replacing drivers and everything whats kinda funny stayed up for hours one night and woke in the morning after it was off and connected to the internet on windows 7 would like to figure how to fix this so i can user both OS.They both connect with the same IP address.If u can help it would be much appreciated thanks :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

nik do you have a firewall on in your win7 partition. and maybe you have it set so that it is blocking? just an idea
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#3 nikescomputers87

nikescomputers87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

nik do you have a firewall on in your win7 partition. and maybe you have it set so that it is blocking? just an idea

nope firewall is disabled

#4 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

another idea
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/windows-7-will-not-connect-to-the-internet/09e692ea-eddc-4677-8e70-44ca2936919c

quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#5 Techi01

Techi01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hi nikescomputers87 I am wondering if you still need help with your dual boot situation? if so could you please email me at binarytp.01@gmail.com.. I have some information about dual boot that may be helpful..

#6 Joseph Edwards VIII

Joseph Edwards VIII

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Sounds like a Windows problem. There's a lot of things that could interfere with internet connectivity in Windows including viruses. What sort of computer are you running?

#7 ejames82

ejames82

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

you're not very specific about the problem

what browsers have you tried?  try another browser.  you may need a flash drive to install a browser.

what about email?  does that work?

#8 ejames82

ejames82

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

I should have noticed that this thread is four months old.  :)

#9 Unique Obsession

Unique Obsession

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

seeing it was bumped and in case anyone else has the same issue, it will be the mbr, use easybcd to fix the bootloader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users