Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Compatibility Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guy Gadbois

Guy Gadbois

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I have an old CD with a Program I need to run, but it only runs with Windows 98 (or 95). I set the Compatibility mode to Windows 98, but I still get a pop-up message which says: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Window you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." My system is x64 and I am running Windows 7 Pro with Service Pack 1. How can I get around this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

I have an old CD with a Program I need to run, but it only runs with Windows 98 (or 95).

Hello Guy Gadbois -
This is not an unusual issue with some very old programs from Windows98 etc.

I have a few very old games that can just run on my XP, but they will never run on my Windows7 unit.
The programming of Windows7 makes not all older games / programs adaptable between these 2 versions -

Note that your 64bit Windows7 may even make this more of a problem, since the program (if it did run) may only work on 32bit systems -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users