Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STOP: c0000135 -- Yet another person with this error at boot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 floodo1

floodo1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Ok, so when I boot my computer normally it gets to the Windows logo but then suddenly restarts. If I try safe mode it gets as far as ClassPNP.sys but then restarts. Safe mode with networking is a no go either.
Tried running the automatic repair from a windows repair disk and it says something about "no root cause".'
If I hit F8 during bootup and select the option that prevents windows from restarting on an error, it does the normal bootup, gets to the windows logo screen, then blue screens saying:
STOP: c0000135 The program can't start because $hs is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

From what i've gathered from this forum I need to run FRST64 and post the log.
Here you go.

PS- The problem started after I installed 3 optional windows updates. Windows update got to the point of restarting the computer, I noticed my apps start closing because the restart process had been initiated, but before windows could fully shutdown my computer basically crashed (funky looking lines on the screen) and spontaneously restarted.
Ever since then I've had this problem.
So I'm pretty sure the cause is that these latest updates didn't completely install.

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   40.56KB   11 downloads

Edited by floodo1, 13 January 2013 - 01:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 floodo1

floodo1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

just thought I should add that there are no restore points, or at least i'm pretty sure there aren't because I dont have the ability to go into repair from the f8 advanced boot options menu of windows startup.

#3 floodo1

floodo1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Here is exactly what "Startup Repair" says when it runs from the repair disk:

Problem Signature:
Problem Even Name:        StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01:     6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02:     6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03:     unknown
Problem Signature 04:     21200386
Problem Signature 05:     ExternalMedia
Problem Signature 06:     3
Problem Signature 07:     NoRootCause
OS Version:               6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID:                1033

Finally, if I try to run SFC /SCANNOW it gives this error
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again.

Edited by floodo1, 13 January 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hi,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.
  • Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

• Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

• Please reply to this post so I know you are there.
The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.

Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.

Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#5 floodo1

floodo1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Oh yeah
I'm still here!

#6 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

So I'm pretty sure the cause is that these latest updates didn't completely install.

Possibly but this is a malware forum that you have posted in so where does malware come into it?
Posted Image

#7 floodo1

floodo1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I don't know if its malware or not. Considering how many people have this same error I think it very well could be, but the thing that happened immediately before the symptoms is the update thing. I have no way of knowing what's going on, so I posted where I saw everyone getting this problem solved, sorry if this isn't the right place!

#8 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Don't apologise. But I think this would be better sorted out elsewhere as there appears not to have been any malware issues just before the error.

Please post it in one of the operating system forums - sorry, your details didn't tell me which one, looks like Windows 7 - and they should be able to run you through some diagnostics.

If after the boot problems are fixed you still suspect malware then please PM me and I'll take a look.

I will close this topic in the meantime. Good luck :thumbup2:
Posted Image

#9 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users