Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speed tests very slow/possible infection?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sportsfan7702

sportsfan7702

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hello all,
I have had various speed tests run on my Toshiba L875 with 4 gigs of Ram and a 640 GB hard drive. The speed tests are usually in the 75/35 range but even with Verizon FIOS they have been slow (upload speed has been). Speedtest.net won't even hardly register (getting like 40 over 3 to 5 for the download). I ran Malwarebytes last night and there were no infections but the system still is slow according to FIOS' speed test. I'm at a loss and need an option to figure out why this is occurring. Thanks for all you guys do.

PS: Will run another Malwarebytes scan now.

Matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sportsfan7702

sportsfan7702
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

I ran a malwarebytes scan sand no infections were found.

Think that really concerns me is http://www.speedtest.net/result/2438595996.png.

205 ms ping (way too high) and 12/7, when I'm used to 75/35. Any advice?

Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users