Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

deleting old itunes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 darklestat79

darklestat79

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

I am trying to delete an old itunes but my computer won't let me. I get a box that pops up that says: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavavailable. basicly it can't find a folder containing the insallation package "iTunes.msi". I'm using a PC, how do I delete this old itunes so I can get a new one put on?

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Isnt I Tunes a program? Wouldnt installing a new version automatically take care of the old version?
I dont use I Tunes, so pardon my ignorance on apple products.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,564 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Revo Uninstaller: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

#4 JoanneMT

JoanneMT

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Yesterday I deleted all "Java" programs from my computer. I noticed that i-tunes got uninstalled as well. I am just a user, and you'll want to get a reply from one of the moderators, but I was using add/remove programs to delete all versions of Java (I had some old stuff on there that would not go away).

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,564 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

I'm not sure what you did, but uninstalling "java" will not uninstall iTunes.

#6 JoanneMT

JoanneMT

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Thank you for posting, Allan. There's got to be some nasty malware on this PC. Occasionally a page I am looking at will flutter like the old antenna TVs used to do. I've lost other programs. Example: Spybot S&D found ezula spyware and a wizard popped up for the first time and cleaned it (I have notes). But now Spybot is empty. Maybe I was using a trial that ended, but I'm sure I didn't uninstall it. All this Java stuff is not saying what the malware is doing. I need to sign onto my bank but am afraid to do it. Is there some "lockdown" I can do so I can logon to my bank in peace? I have IE8 and Chrome on this XP3 HP Pavillion. Thank you.

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,564 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

JoanneMT - If you think you have a malware problem you should post in the Am I Infected forum. If you would like help with any other problems may I suggest you start a new thread of your own? Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users