Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet with Chrome and IE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pickles44

pickles44

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

Hi, I have an acer 1410 and recently re installed software with the discs that i made when I first got this computer. I did this as my webcam stopped working and could not find any software on my computer to try and fix this, so thought a new start would solve this. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem and still can't get my built in webcam to work. My problem now is when I request internet pages, the page come up and then freezes, I am unable to scroll down, but have to keep refreshing the pages and as its loading scroll down very quickly before it freezes again. My computer automatically reloaded IE, but I prefer using Google Chrome which I downloaded, but once I did this got a babylon search engine with chrome that I did not want, have managed to get rid of babylon via control panel and from google add ons, could this still be on my computer somewhere that is slowing up my internet pages, or could this be something else? Have downloaded ad-aware and malewarbytes and run them, but they did not show up anything significant. Should I wipe my hard drive again, or could there be another solution I could try?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm not one of the experts here but chances are pretty good you are infected and should post at Am I Infected. Link is below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users