Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing CS random sound freezing and pc dies

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I have a kinda weird problem... or more specific annoying!

When i play older games like CS 1.6 i sometimes get Sound freeze, the sound still working but its looping the same over and over again. Skype still working in a conversation my friend could hear me and reversed but pc is totally frozen cant do anytihng..

Any solutions? i got a Realtek HD MSI driver and GTX 460 , gpu got around 40C in temperature

*EDIT* I read this on old threads from 2005 etc

"It appears that this is all due to a BIOS setting which basically has to do with the way that the CPU and RAM communicate with XP and DirectX 8.1. Basically, PC components compete for system resources and the Video drivers give too much ram to the video card which is the root cause of this problem. Specific drivers have agrivated the problem for some (Such as NVidia's 23.11 Dets)". (DDR Zone)

"So what does it do?
It closes the RX55 memory register in BIOS. The RX55 register's official name and function is Memory Write Queue (MWQ) timer. The MWQ timer is actually a timing device included in the memory host controller to prevent write data being held in the memory queue too long. After the data has been in the queue too long it times out. This timed out data is then given a higher write request priority. Now that might sound nice – a bit of extra performance BUT the procedure fails when overloaded. 3D games and Win XP put too much load on the memory queuing timer procedure. The nVidia new driver exaggerates the problem even more as the driver enables nVidia cards to use even more memory than previous driver versions."

But will that help ,and is it the right solution? anyway i downloading direct x9.0c Jun 2010 right now and trying

Edited by Pajajn, 12 January 2013 - 05:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users