Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spywarequake problem- bassadict

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bassaddict

bassaddict

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:06 AM

i have a starge thig that has come up its a pic of a little weelchair kind of thing in the icons in the bottem right and it chages to a kinda cross thing then back and it comes up with a message saying my computer is infected with a virus but i searched and nothign and it seems more like an ad because when i click on it it takes me to a website "http://www.spywarequake.com/?aff=240" and i dont know how to stop it
anyhelp would be so great its very bery anoying and at first it made my home page that webpage
thanks Jack Babington

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:27 AM

Hello

From what you say I would suggest that you post a HijackThis Logfile to be analyzed by an expert. HijackThis is a diagnostic tool. Please do not fix anything with HjT unless you know what you are doing with it. The HijackThis Tutorial will help to explain a lot more about HijackThis. Also, please post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum

Or if you think you could do a fix on your own Grinler has a fix for spywarequake HERE

mod edit~ moved to Am I Infected? from the Windows XP forum. ~P

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users