Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

object Error

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 D Willis

D Willis

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I have a little window that pops up sometimes when opening websites.It says message from webpage 2nd line yellow triangle [object Error].The only way to get it off is to restart.Anybody know what it is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Can you use the snipping tool and post the picture here?

When you go to post a reply you will see "Click to attach files" in the lower left corner under the area in which you write your post in. You can click on this to browse your files, if you saved the snipped image as a picture go to Pictures and click on the snipped image, it will appear in the post you are making.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

snipping tool?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Go to Start, in the search box type in snipping tool. When it appears in the pane above click on it. A cross will appear on the screen, move it to a corner of the image you want to post, click the mouse and hold the button down and move the mouse to make a rectangle or square around the image you wish to post. Click on file and save as (picture preferably). These instruction may seem vague, but once you start this you will see how simple it really is.

Edited by dc3, 12 January 2013 - 05:08 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

I think I got it

Attached Files

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

What browser are you using?

#7 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

W7 SP1 IE9

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

See if this Microsoft article will help you.

#9 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Still got it,I can't x out of it or ok out of it,I can only restart to get rid of it

#10 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

This morning after reading about java I removed it from all my computers and I'm sure I didn't have this problem before that.I'll reinstall java temporarily on this one and if that changes anything

#11 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

That didn't work,it poped on java.com and when its on the screen I can't do anything except restart.I disabled it on this pc and deleted it from the other pc.I disabled it on my wife's laptop but it is java 6.This is the only one with the problem,so maybe I should have disabled it here too.

#12 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hi -
Just a few ideas while dc3 is not available at this time

Re: Your Java -
You seem to have some old versions of Java (6) still installed - The current is about Version 7 Update 10 -
All earlier versions should be removed via Control Panel > Programs and Features -

1. Update your Java version here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Note 1: UNCHECK any pre-checked toolbar and/or software offered with the Java update. The pre-checked toolbars/software are not part of the Java update.
Note 2: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. If you don't want to run another extra service, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click OK and restart your computer.

2. Now, we need to remove old Java version and its remnants...
Download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it.
•Run JavaRa.exe (Vista and 7 users! Right click on JavaRa.exe, click Run As Administrator), pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
•Accept any prompts.
> > Now reboot -
•Do NOT post any JavaRa log created.

Recheck in Programs and Features for any old versions and delete them if they are left -

Thank You -

#13 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hi noknojon,thanks for responding,the older version of java is installed on my wife's laptop and is disabled and working fine.This pc is the one with he problem,it had the newest up to date java that I disabled and then deleted after I started having a problem.I did as you asked and I still have the problem.I don't know if java is the problem,it may be just a coincidence that it started after I disabled java.

#14 D Willis

D Willis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Well I no longer have the little window,I reinstalled windows and it's gone.Thanks for trying guys.

#15 JLaFera

JLaFera

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I get Message from webpage Object error - Does anyone know how to correct this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users