Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD while copying a 5 GB file

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kusai

Kusai

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

K when I was moving a 5GB file from my internal E drive to the windows drive C,and meanwhile I was playing with this battery operated fan like this http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00fZhtkEUDIYbv/Mini-Battery-Fan-PM-1101-.jpg
and when I turned the fan on the monitor screen for fun, then suddenly it blacked out and the BSOD appeared for some secs and the system restarted.And my questions are as follows:
1)Has my hard drive got corrupted as pc restarted when the file was being copied?
2)Why did this happen anyways? is it becoz of the fan or anything else?
Thanks for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kusai

Kusai
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Well I'm kinda waiting for a reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic