Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

auto restart and black screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lavaxtris

lavaxtris

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I've been trying to help my grandma fix her computer... unfortunately my grandpa took admin rights to the computer and blocked me out of it, but I figured I'd look to see if anyone on here knew how to fix the issues.

so far its been restarting on its own... perhaps because of updates or other. we cant find out right now because the last time it restarted, it returned with the black windows 7 background and nothing else.
task manager comes up but crashes if you try to do anything with it.
I tried restarting the computer, and it gets as far as the login. after that, the loading screen takes forever and it goes to a black screen (only mouse is visible) task manager is still available but again, it crashes if you try to run anything.

I was told that Windows 7 was reinstalled recently. I also was told there are battery issues with this computer....idk if thats true or not but a new battery is on its way.
A virus might be the cause... but even after the reinstall, it doesnt make any sense.... unless it got infected again.
maybe the computer gets corrupted when it restarts and updates and that why I have issues now? I dont know....

any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users