It would seem that a side effect of running combofix on a system that has SalesLogix installed, will cause SalesLogix to no longer process .qts files. I am in the process of trying to move through the registry to see exactly what key is the one that is causing this to happen but the changes from a "working" registry to where I run combofix to cause a "bad" register are many. Especially with a reboot in between there.
Running the erdnt in the hiv-backup folder will restore SalesLogix functionality. Currently I have a test machine that I am working on to solve this issue. Is there a file that combofix will create that contains all registry adds, changes, and deletions?
The way SalesLogix works is like this,
1. A user will enter information into SalesLogix
2. That information is then sent to the SalesLogix server
3. The local client will then create QTS files of these changes to be transferred to a synchronization server.(for remote users)
4. Once files have been placed into the QTS folder, SLXSystem.exe will then query the folder for *.qts files
5. It will then take the list of files and then transfer them to their proper destination and delete them from the QTS folder.
After running combo fix, everything works as intended except for step 4. When it gets to step 4, SLXSystem.exe will run as expected however, when it queries the folder for *.qts files, it will receive a response that there are none when in fact there are.(found this out from running process monitor)
Edited by SLXuser, 11 January 2013 - 12:11 PM.