Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer virus scan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ThePie69

ThePie69

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

I wanted to know what the best way to scan for any virus or malware you might have on your system. Any tools or anything that I should use to check for intrusions. I recently was infected and also wanted to make sure that everything was gone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Hi -
Wihout knowing of your previus infection, on a deneral basis your best opyions are Fukk scans with your Antivirus.
You would follow with Full scans by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and SuperantiSpyware Free.

You could also use ESET Online Scanner
Disable your antivirus program - Information on A/V control (temp disable) HERE if needed
Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
Click Start
Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Check Scan archives
Click Start
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.

If you had certain odd infections there are some other tools, but. the above are your "general" response -

Thank You -

#3 ThePie69

ThePie69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Ok So I scanned with ESET Online Scanner and it removed 7 infections. I recently had a redirt virus and also wanted to make sure that nothing was slowing down my system. I havn't tried yet but before it seemed like my transfer speeds where slow when transfering 7 GB file to 16 GB usb drive that's why I wanted to do another scan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users