Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 won't start after update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Silgab

Silgab

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hi, I'm new here but I'm desperate. I got this dell computer from a friend so I have no windows cd. It's always worked perfect until now. This morning I saw it was updating itself when I turned it on, took long. It worked fine so I ignored it. In the middle of nothing it suddenly restarted and now it says windows can't start. When I try to repair it gets stuck loading files, and when I go to the advanced boot options, it won't start on safe mode or with Last Known Good Configuration. I always end up in the sane place, stuck loading files. i know next to nothing, so I'm afraid I'll kill it if I continue trying. Is there a way to fix? Thanks!

Edited by Silgab, 10 January 2013 - 10:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

If you don't have an install disk, can't do a system restore, are unable to get into safe mode, I would suggest you contact your friend and see if he can help you.

At the moment you can't even reinstall the OS if needed. Do you have access to another computer if you remove the hard drive and put it in a USB case? So you can at least scan the drive for any malware or bad sectors? (Make sure the second computer has it's antivirus up to date along with Microsoft updates!)

Your options are limited with what you've told us and if you can't get the OS to load or repair our hands are tied.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users