Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netbook Screen Is Black Any Ideas?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CompSecurityExpert

CompSecurityExpert

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hello everyone. I know a lot about computer programming, and software related issues. I friend of mine gave me his netbook which is a Toshiba NB505. I've fixed a lot of malware issues etc. in my time but not a lot of hardware issues so this is a learning experience for even me.

Due to the fact that I do know a thing or two about computers though hopefully this will help. So here is the problem which hopefully some of you loevely people here can assit me with :). When you press power to the netbook it does appear to come on and the screen appears to light but you can't see anything!!

This is a little hard to explain but essentially it's like having your TV when the screen is black because it's on the wrong input. Also very shortly after booting up you can hear the WINDOWS 7 startup noise meaning the CPU hard drive etc. all appear to be working including the sound. It means that basically the computer itself is working it just isn't showing anything on the screen at all or transmitting. I've used a flashlight to see if I can see anything in the screen i.e. windows words the login screen etc. I can't see anything.

I'm thinking the screen might need to be replaced but it could just be a cable or something disconnected maybe? What steps should I go through here? Thanks guys!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users