Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Problems For A Dell ( Windows 98).

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Despair

Despair

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:26 AM

:thumbsup: HELP :flowers:

I have had some really bad problems with my computer ever since I got it. One thing has lead to another and now someone which was supposed to fix it, did that and also messed up the sound device while he was at it. Everytime I attempt to play an audio file in Windows Media Player, it gives me the error message "COOD11BA". I checked this error message and it states that I either have no sound device installed or the one that is installed does not have all of the necessary drives downloaded. I have went to the System configurations and checked all of my settings, and there is nothing wrong. I have uninstalled and re-installed my sound device (Sound Blaster Live! Value) software, and have also done the same to the Windows Media Player. I am still having problems with the same error message, and I can't only play audio files in Windows Media Player, but I have absolutely no sound on my computer at all. I nEeD hElP bAdLy!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

Despair:

Do you have the latest version of Direct X?

It can be found here.
JC

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:28 AM

And, as always, make sure the jack is plugged into the correct receptacle. Sometimes there's an extra one off to the side and it's the one you need to plug into rather than the one on the motherboard. There's a little picture of a speaker by it if it's there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users