Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Windows 8 Computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bi66al

bi66al

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

I was running a I3-2120-3.30GHZ with 4Gig Mem and 740 gig HD with 85% of it free. Ran compatibility scans, utility checks and nothing. Finally called Microsoft Support. They told me not to run any anti-virus or firewall than the Win. Firewall and Defender that came with the OS. Uninstalled Norton Suite that I had installed on my own and WOW it was like kicking in the 4 bbl. My system took off. Had some problems that support fixed running Defender and Firewall, but now its fine. I also told them I did not trust Defender and Microsoft and would have to pay support to clean malware, etc from my computer. He said to call, tell the problem and if their defenses failed they would correct damages free!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

You may want to try a different antivirus program and see if you have the same issues. It could have just been an issue with Norton.

#3 mbryce

mbryce

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

I agree with Grinler, Norton is a system hog and doesn't catch much. Panda, ESET NOD32, and G-Data are better routes for light running, well protecting anti-malware, viruses, etc...

#4 BaddJone

BaddJone

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Norton is the last Anti virus you should be using. Not only it's heavy on resources, it has problems with uninstallation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users