Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will ea game support be any help to me? Invalid game key

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brian2009

brian2009

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

I purchased the Medal of Honor 10th Anniversary Combo Pack at Best Buy 3 or 4 years ago. At that time I didn't have a computer that could play the newer games in the series ('Pacific Assault' and 'Airborne').

The 3 older MOH games installed fine soon after I bought them, and have installed in newer computers since then.

I now have a desktop that can actually play the two newer games, so I installed all 5 games. All went fine except 'Pacific Assault' which kept saying I was using an invalid key code. All the codes were listed together on the back page of the owner's manual.

I called the ea support line and was immediately directed to use their support email system. My question is: Will they be able to actually help me?

The only issue I can think of is that I tried to install the Pacific Assault game about a month ago on a computer that ended up having an insufficient graphics card. I returned the computer for non-hardware reasons, it ran OK. As I recall, the game did install first though, using the key codes. Then it advised my the graphics were too weak. Could this be causing some sort of lockout?

I'm just wondering what to expect from ea support before I begin the process.

Thanks.

Brian

ps I don't think I registered any of the games with EA.

Edited by brian2009, 10 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

The only way to find out is to try. You can explain exactly how you did above. I recently had issues registering a Diablo 2 game key with Blizzard's Battle.net. I wanted to register the game onto my account so I could download the game client and install the game to a machine that has no cd drives. They had me take pictures of the cd's with the game key visible so I could prove that key was mine. You may have to do the same thing. But all companies are different. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.
What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users