Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Network Level Infection and it's Junta of problems.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rich W

Rich W

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Dear Bleeping Computer Community please find enclosed just a small sample of one of the posts I made at F-Secure antivirus company's forums. Someone over there decided a good way to help me was to send me links to the US's computer cyber security task force etc. Then I followed that advice but, that was in no way what I was dealing with. It is consistent remote control of every computer in the house and most importantly the internet connection. The most obvious way I have seen now is finally through my own work is that someone keeps enabling telnet and SSH on the DD-WRT firmware I have on the router I installed. Had I not done this I WOULD HAVE no idea that when the computer shuts down many times it often states please wait for the network client to shutdown? I am perplexed is in to what network client? Then I took a look at the router logs and that is when I saw all the connections for 127.0.0.1 and how so many software programs always kept connecting through this IP address even my Kaspersky software. The questions is what do you do about a network infection and how do you fix it?

Sincerely,
Rich

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users