Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 lostpcuser1

lostpcuser1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

HI,and hope all is well with the members....i turned my laptop on and received this message...

windows could not start because of the following file is missing or corrupt:

\windows\system32\config\system.....

I am trying not to loose my files, when doing this but if i have to, so be it...

i also put the original cd in to reinstall, and repair, and both would not install...pleaseeeeeeee if there is anyone that

can get my pc back up and running ...my family and myself would gratefully appreciate it..thank you and GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Also i am willing to give my phone number if it would be easier....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rich W

Rich W

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Do you have your Data backed up?

#3 Rich W

Rich W

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

The next question is do you have another computer available at this moment if the data is backed up? I have some stuff I could give you for free that I have paid for if you want it. There are the following good free malware solutions out there that have rescue cds that can be copied to USB drives or sticks. I have paid for two companies and I will give you one of the two for free if you have your data backed up and have access to a PC right now.

Sincerely,
Rich

#4 Rich W

Rich W

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I am very sorry by the way. What type of computer do you have? What are the processor and memory specfiications etc. What operating system are you running and service pack? When did this problem happen and is this the first time ever? Have you ever had any problems like this before hand? Do you have any other error messages you can tell me about and what were you doing at the time when the laptop gave you the error for example did you turn it on in a very cold environment? The more information the better.

#5 lostpcuser1

lostpcuser1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

HI RICH W. THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING... I DONT HAVE MUCH INFO ON MY PC, BUT HERE GOES... WINDOWS XP OPERATING ON A HP PAVILLION D9000..THERE IS PLENTY MOF MEMORY ON IT,GUESSING 48G OR A LIL MORE.THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IT HAS HAPPNED, AND THAT I PUT THE PC AWAY FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS SO CANT REMEMBER ALOT OF THE INFO YOU NEED.....I BELIEVE MY FILES ARE BACKED UP ...AND YES I HAVE ANOTHER PC I AM USING......WILL THIS HELP???

Edited by Elise, 12 January 2013 - 04:53 AM.
email address removed for security reasons

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,982 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

This is a duplicate of your topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic481408.html

To avoid confusion I will close this topic.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users