Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recurring Trojans, Slow Computer, Compromised Accounts (Win 7)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 MathJunkie

MathJunkie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Hello. I followed most of the advice I could find about removing malware, viruses, trojans, and enhancing computer performance in general. I found an article here on malware removal which told me to first download MBAM and SUPERAntiSpyware. I followed the instructions carefully and removed 2 trojans, over 300 tracking cookies, and some adware if I remember correctly. I still noticed no significant improvement in computer performance. So I was going to run MBAM in safe mode next but when I tried to update I got an error so I uninstalled and used MBAM clean then reinstalled and it updated. Next I uninstalled some unnecessary programs, and used Disk Cleanup. From there I followed the advice about using Autoruns and disabled what I could using the database and googling whatever else I couldn't find. Still nothing. I tried to delete a "GetDislike" entry in Autoruns that I know is related to malware but it wouldn't let me. So I booted into safe mode and tryed to open Autoruns there but Windows Exporer kept crashing and restarting every 30 seconds or so. I managed to open it anyway and try to delete the entry and it still wouldn't let me. Now I'm on the "Slow Computer/Browser?..." post and was going to follow that advice before posting here but I ran into a strange problem. I first cleaned the vents and blew dust inside as instructed, and felt the heatsink which was okay. I cleaned the contacts of the RAM and components not too long ago so those should be okay. I need to check the thermal paste on the CPU and will do that soon. Now I went to the defrag page file advice and downloaded PageDefrag and was about to extract it---that's when my computer started relentlessly hanging so I forced a shutdown and started again and tried to extract and the same thing happened. As I typed this my computer has been hanging the whole time which is strange since it has never done this before. By the way I am using my iPad to post here. Other strange occurances include: my monitor not showing anything sometimes at the very beginning of startup, a compromised Facebook, and GMail account.

I try to keep everything relatively updated but the truth is I do get lazy at times seeing as how I have quite a busy life at the moment.

I am using an HP m9060n with an ATI Radeon graphics card, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit with Bitlocker enabled, and I am dual-booting with Windows XP Home.

I appreciate your help in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 R4pth

R4pth

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Try using defraggler rather than the other fragmenting program you mentioned. You can also use CCCleaner to clean up your registry files, which may speed things up a bit. Sounds like you have been downloading, installing, and uninstalling things frequently trying to fix your problem, which is causing more fragmentation, and registry errors.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Both programs I suggested, are available from the same developer, so this link will enable you to download them both...

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hello, this is a Facebook addon and in some cases a virus.. Best thing now is a new topic with a DDS log to find it.
. We need a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 MathJunkie

MathJunkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I was able to run DDS.com successfully only in safe mode. My computer started to hang whenever I tried to run it when I started Windows normally. I posted the log.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRL Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

The current wait time is 1 - 2 days and ALL logs are answered.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users