Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet and Router Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 supersam806

supersam806

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

My roommate and I are sharing internet with the neighbors and they are using an Airlink router (I'm not sure what version, because the neighbors own it). I have been able to connect to the internet and it can be really slow since it is being shared between 4 people, and we are using CenturyLink. However, for the first time, my current laptop (windows 8, bigfoot wireless n-1202), my previous laptop (windows 7, some atheros wireless network adapter), and my android phone cannot connect to the internet. Everything works fine using the WiFi at school, so I am convinced that the network adapters are not the problem. Also, my roommate has never had any issues using the internet.

What is confusing is that I have been able to connect to the internet before, but now I can't. There are a lot of applications that update automatically which could cause this problem, but how do I find out which ones have updated in the last 2 days? What might I do to diagnose this problem and solve it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Where is the main network connection located? If it's from your neighbors, that could be a signal to distance issue with lots of internet connection sharing the bandwith.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users