Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP!! New built computer, no signal on monitor

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 noobsailor

noobsailor

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hello everyone, I recently assembled my own computer and need your help. When i plugged in the VGA cord to my computer, the screen is blank and the power led indicator on the monitor just flashes slowly. I have verified that all the cables are plugged in correctly and everything is nicely seated in my motherboard.

What should i do??

Specs:
CPU: Intel core i5 3570k
Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v lk
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce gtx 560 ti
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB black
Storage: Toshiba 1TB Hard Drive
PSU: Ultra LSP 650 watt ATX power supply
Optical Drive: Liteon 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer
Keyboard and mice: Logitech Wireless combo
Case: Corsair CC-9011014-WW Carbide Series 300R

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Have you attempted to use the video built onto the motherboard? If that works you will need to enter the BIOS and tell it which video is the primary. It should give you the option of PCI-E which would be your add in video card.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 noobsailor

noobsailor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Have you attempted to use the video built onto the motherboard? If that works you will need to enter the BIOS and tell it which video is the primary. It should give you the option of PCI-E which would be your add in video card.

I remember when i first turned the computer on, the monitor was working fine... Showed some text and said some errors like CPU Fan error and Keyboard not detected.

So, i went and got my mouse and keyboard and connected it in, the screen said: press del for setup and insert bootable media. My keyboard wasn't working so i opened up my case and i didn't have usb 2.0 installed. I moved the cables to the bottom and out of the way because they were taking up too much space with no success. I remember i reseated some stuff because i tried to move the cables. But, i checked and made sure all the cables were plugged in and the graphics card and everything.

Here's a pic: http://i.imgur.com/CT4L3.jpg

#4 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Now I am confused. Does the monitor show the BIOS when booting or does it stay blank all of the time???? The USB ports on the back will function as is without need for intervention but the keyboard should be hooked up before turning on the power.

Edited by Baltboy, 09 January 2013 - 08:22 PM.

Mark Twain

#5 noobsailor

noobsailor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Now I am confused. Does the monitor show the BIOS when booting or does it stay blank all of the time???? The USB ports on the back will function as is without need for intervention but the keyboard should be hooked up before turning on the power.

It's blank all the time. The monitor was working before, but now it's not working. The screen is just black

#6 Golono

Golono

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

It's blank all the time. The monitor was working before, but now it's not working. The screen is just black

If you have another system, such as a laptop or another desktop, plug that in to the monitor just to rule out the possibility of it being a problem with the monitor. Also, does your computer boot loop or does it just remain on?

#7 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Checking the monitor is a good idea. If it is shown as working I would still hook it up to the motherboards video. If that responds then you will need to go into the bios to set the video to the pci-e as the first video.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users