Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random (but daily) BSOD, bugcheck 1000007E

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JessCat

JessCat

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

So, I have this Dell server, running Server2003 SP2, which has been crashing for the last week or two, sometimes every few days, sometimes several times a day. It tends to happen when I run a full virus scan, full backup, or other disk-heavy activities.

The BSOD mentioned BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 8080f721, f78d6bc8, f78d68c4}. Google suggested this may be a bad memory stick; I replaced the memory, and ran a memtest pass, all clean. The BSOD mentioned replacing the video adapter; I installed a discrete GPU card. Dell's Crash Analysis Tool suggested the problem was a Roxio CD burning driver; I uninstalled it.I have run multiple AV/Malware/rootkit scans, with MBAM, MBAR, Avast Pro, TDSSKiller. All come back clean. I've run chkdsk. I've run RAID consistency checks.

Attached is a WinDbg log of several recent minidumps.

I'm running out of places to look for the problem, and hoping that some of the experts here can help me figure out what is going on.

Thanks for looking!!

- J

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JessCat

JessCat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Ran a scan with GMER and it highlighted:
Service c:\WINDOWS\System32\sbscrexe (***hidden***) SBCore

Internet search reveals that SBCore is generally responsible for managing licensing services. A few weeks ago workstations were getting kicked off the network, so I checked the licensing panel of the server management console and all the CAL keys were gone; I had to reinstall the CALs. Perhaps related?

Ran a MBAR scan, log stated that two files were modified: afamgt.sys and nwlnknb.sys. have not rebooted since. Log attached.

Attached Files

#3 JessCat

JessCat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Nobody?

#4 dirtdog900

dirtdog900

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

I wouldn't have thought any licensing/CAL issues would cause a BSOD - probably a different issue. Since you replaced the memory, video adapter and removed Roxio have you had the exact same BSOD? Assuming you have...

As it's a Dell server have you checked all you drivers and firmware (for all your hardware) are up to date from their site? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users