Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

since you asked...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sjambok

Sjambok

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Stumbled across bleep quite by accident, but was intrigued by the simple yet elegant usage of words. I'm "old school" science-fiction (as distinguished from 'sci-fi') background. Heinlein, Asimov and Clarke are the Trinity. Not to say I don't enjoy other writers, but those are the ones that helped form my idea of what good science fiction is. Probably gave away my age there, but that's ok. I'm semi-retired now and just do a little consulting work on the side. That could get real old real fast, but I'm looking to buy a small property where I can raise and tend some animals...just maybe some goats and chickens. Cattle are too much work, as I know from experience. Mostly I just want to get out of the city and the insane taxes here, but getting back in touch with my rural roots would be great too.
Well, just looked at my first post here and...wow. That's probably more words than I've spoken aloud in the last week. One reason I like the English language as much as I do is because, if needed, one can be down-right terse, or wax verbose...and still carry the same message. Anyways...I have a good feeling about this.

Edited by Sjambok, 09 January 2013 - 06:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Just be careful to locate near a larger town so you have access to conversation,events,and architecture.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users