Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

after the 9 updates to vista now stuck,help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 curt2009

curt2009

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Hello this is 1st post and I hope there,s some smarter ppl here than I am. I need a lot of good help here. my 1st problem is after the microsoft update the vista home premium 32 byte computer restarts then you see it updating the 3 stages. I have had this vista for 5 to 6 years and this has never happened befor after getting update, my computer is stuck on installing the 3ed stage. It says don,t turn it off but its been running for 8 hours and still stuck on installing the 3ed stage then after that it usually gose to my sign in page. I have turned it off and used F8 and started in safe mode and it loads up all the start up drivers and then it still goes into the trying to finish installing the 3ed stage. Will some ppl help me to get around the 3ed stage so I can sign in and use my vitsa computer???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 curt2009

curt2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Hay guys PLZ help me with my computer problem?? It is stuck trying to finish the updates from yesterday. Like I said every time there was a update on the 2ed tuesday of the month I would get the updates then it will restart and then when the screen comes up it always says configuring 3ed stage don't turn off computer. So it would only take a minute or 2 in the past and now its been 15 hrs and its still trying ti finish installing the 3ed stage. I don't know that much about how to do a fix for things like this. I hope you guys can tell me what to do step by step so i can use my vista computer again. The model # is Gateway GM 5420. Thanks for any and all help!?

#3 curt2009

curt2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Just a update what I have been trying to get the vista 32 byte home premium desktop to get past the configuring updates stage 3 of 3. I can still use F8 but when I select safe mode or safe mode with prompts
It gos thru the set up like its going to go into one of any of the modes on F8 menu and then at the very end the window opens to same thing configuring stage 3 and its still at 0% updated. So I still have control of F10 & F2. So I 1st tried starting up in one of the other 2 boot up modes but the same thing comes up at the end still configuring stage 3 & still at 0%. So I did f2 and changed a few different ways to start up there but still can,t get past still trying to finish the updates I yet yesterday on the 2ed Tuesday of the month. All 9 updates installed good.I hope I have not lost all my things on the hard drive forever, I will be so upset if this vista can never start up normally again. Just to let U know my vista did not come with a install dvd or cd, so I can't reinstall vista and I'M don't know where my product key is to try and get a vista off one of those web sites that you can get vista ultra. I,m wondering why no one has given me any ideas to get past the 3ed stage so the vista will strat. Normally, I see there's a lot of views but no help, I'm wondering why no one has help me ??!! I hope some knows what to do. Thanks for any help?!.

#4 curt2009

curt2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Out of many web sites with help forums this bleeping dam computer has to be the worst dam orm. Not 1 dam person was willing to help me how to get past the last stage that configures the ICON'S can sign on. But ITS have tried all I know but not 1 sorry person here would help me to figure out my vista now I'M have to throw away beaces I can,t get past the 3ed stage, thanks a hole of a lot, U bunch of lazy ppl that can,t take on a hard iob. I will tell every one I know on line how this web site is one sorry dam place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users