Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0xc000000f error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BMJ1990

BMJ1990

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

to start I'm not 100% sure that im in the right OS forum, didnt look cause i didnt think id need to know.

I'm restoring an old (i mean OLD) toshiba satellite laptop for a friend. i put it in safe mode and after a few minutes it cut to the user selection, so i decided to restore it to factory settings. and while i was restoring it, it froze at the "windows is loading files" screen and so i restarted it (in retro spec probably not my best idea) and now every time i turn it on the "windows is loading files" screen pops up goes maybe 1/8 of the way freezes and starts beeping. its continuous beeping.

i got to a screen that i dont know what its called but it has something about EMS (something) which takes me back to the beeping loading files screen and an error scanner thing that tells me to use a disk that i dont have and it gives me this 0xc000000f boot/memtest.exe

I'm at a total loss here. can anyone help? ill answer any questions you have to the best of my knowledge.

ps. sorry for the lack of terminology at the end, its been a long day :P

Edited by hamluis, 09 January 2013 - 12:59 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Please...provide specific info on the laptop model...it could be important when trying to assess what might be wrong with the restore function.

Louis

#3 BMJ1990

BMJ1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think it's an L650-197, i can't find a model number anywhere on it. All I could do was google it and find a matching picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users