Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP mouse touchpad device driver error code 24

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SGIM43

SGIM43

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hello. I have an HP-dm4 2070us and the touchpad will not work. When I go to hidden devices and the driver( Alps) for it is flagged that its not working properly and has an error code 24 for not working or present. I updated the driver and bios (and before that tried rolling back the bios. I even go to Update Driver and it says it's updated and no issues, but then when I exit back out to the main list the error code is still there and it doesn't work. I'm so sick of HP, how many wasted house of the past couple years... and I really do not want to call their god awful customer service either where you spend the first two hours doing basically nothing. I've never spent less than 3 hours with HP support, and don't resort to them until I've already spent hours myself, which I am almost at 2 straight hours now on this....

I have to use tab as I don't actually have a mouse. I;m on a different computer now. Another HP that I can't get the wireless printer to work on (which is an HP - a gift, otherwise I at this point would not have purchased another HP product).

Edited by SGIM43, 08 January 2013 - 09:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Try going into Device Manager...uninstalling both the mouse and touchpad drivers...then rebooting the system.

They should reinstall automatically, I think...if they don't, then reinstall them from either disk or download from the HP site support webpage for your system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users