Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need a part number for a HP dv9000 Intel series audio connection board ... please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Mohr

Bryan Mohr

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I have a HP dv9723cl that I finally gave up on because of some problems with the motherboard that nobody seemed to have any ideas for. Well, I bought a replacement motherboard, but accidentally bought an Intel motherboard instead of the AMD motherboard that was originally there. Now I'm trying to put it in and everything is connecting together fine (after buying a different CPU and CPU Heatsink) except for the small daughterboard that the audio jacks and ir receiver are mounted on. The end of the cable that connects to the motherboard is too wide for this replacement motherboard.

Does ANYONE have a part number for the correct audio board? I've purchased 2 different audio boards with 2 different part numbers just in the hopes that one of them was correct, but neither were correct. Both had the same wide end at the motherboard connection.

Please, someone, anyone, tell me if you know the right part number, or where to find it. Or maybe even an eBay link to the right board if you feel that generous.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hi Bryan
Do you have the model number you bought the board for. The model number of the AMD version is not going to help. Or at least a part number for the new motherboard, maybe someone can use that to figure out what daughterboard you need.

The problem with your old motherboard was most likely a video problem.
The DV9xxx series with an AMD processor and a Nvidia video chip were infamous for a failing Video chip or the video chip connection to the motherboard. Mainly due to the extra heat from the AMD CPU as I understand it. Another symptom they could develop was intermittent to completely failed wireless for the internet, once again due to the heat.

If everything else is working, have you considered doing a end run around the problem with a USB sound card or a creative laptop sound card. They would not of course power the internal speakers.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hi Bryan
Do you have the model number you bought the board for. The model number of the AMD version is not going to help. Or at least a part number for the new motherboard, maybe someone can use that to figure out what daughterboard you need.

The problem with your old motherboard was most likely a video problem.
The DV9xxx series with an AMD processor and a Nvidia video chip were infamous for a failing Video chip or the video chip connection to the motherboard. Mainly due to the extra heat from the AMD CPU as I understand it. Another symptom they could develop was intermittent to completely failed wireless for the internet, once again due to the heat.

If everything else is working, have you considered doing a end run around the problem with a USB sound card or a creative laptop sound card. They would not of course power the internal speakers.

Good Luck
Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#4 Bryan Mohr

Bryan Mohr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hi Roger,

The 2 audio boards that I tried are:
DA0AT9AB8C9
DA0AT5AB8D0

The motherboard is:
447983-001

The original AMD motherboard had been reflowed already and extra cooling had been done. But the problem wasn't with the video or wifi this time. It was an intermittent (95% fail, 5% working) problem with the DVD drive, and the touchpad (which was not intermittent. When it died, it stayed dead.) The DVD drive I had tried 3 different drives, and 2 different sata extender daughterboards, but they made no difference. The hard drive never experienced a problem so I don't think it was the sata channel. The touchpad was also replaced, as well as the zif cable that connects it to the motherboard ... again, no change.

Bryan

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hi Bryan

I'll be honest, I had no luck either, all that came up were the two part numbers you had already tried.

I did find this listing that has all the HP models that your motherboard would fit.
Here a few of them from that page. There are more listed.

HP Pavilion dv9700 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9700t CTO Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9701xx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9702tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9703tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9704tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9705tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9706tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9708tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9710eo Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9710tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9711tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9712tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9713tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv9715tx Entertainment Notebook PC

I also found this PDF Which shows this part number 449763-001. No luck with that either.

I did have one thought. Have you contacted the people you bought the Motherboard from? They may have the audio board available.
If anything comes to mind, I'll let you know.

Good Luck
Roger

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users