Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Google.com redirects.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tayron

Tayron

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Kind of at wits end on this one. I'm reasonably sure I picked up some annoying redirection malware somewhere along the way, but it's not acting like any redirection malware I've read about. And try as I might, I can't shake it.

Basically, I've found that within the past week or so, my Google searches seem to randomly get redirected to a number of sites. Not the search itself mind you, that works just fine and I get a normal list of results. However when I click a link, sometimes I get sent to a different search site.
I say sometimes because the redirection is very random. Most of the time I can get to the desired location with no issue at all, but every now and again, it gets redirected. It should be noted that hitting back and trying the link again will always take me to the proper site, it's never redirected the same link twice.
It's frustratingly hard to test other browsers, search engines, etc, because of this. To that point, it's only happened in Chrome so far, I haven't noticed it in either Firefox or IE.
Usually when the redirect happens, it pops up a quick page that says it's being redirected, but usually flips by too fast for me to stop. Of the sites I've seen it redirect to, the ones I remember are Findgala.com, traffic.adwitty, click.livesearchnow.com, and beesq.net. I also saw a quick flash of what looked like gg.net before it redirected, but it was gone before I could verify and haven't been able to reproduce that particular flicker.

I've already run spyware scans with Malware Bytes, both in and out of safe mode. For Anti-virus, I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials, also had it do a full sweep, which came up blank. On some advice I saw online, tried Combofix, but the problem persists. Even tried tdsskiller, just on some random 'just incase' advice, which thankfully came up clean.

Thus I find myself here. This has me confused, as the only time I've seen redirection malware, it redirected constantly, none of this random business to what seems like a series of different sites.
Needless to say, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Hello, having run ComboFix we need to see that and a DDS log from the Guide below.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Tayron

Tayron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the quick reply!

Okay, logs are posted at this thread.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

As you have help there now,I am closing this thread.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users