Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I do not know if I am infected?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mar1ez

Mar1ez

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

HI,

I installed divx and the setup, codec and a control thing installed with it. I have tried to uninstall it and it is stubborn, it will not let me in the control panel, programs etc. I am so frustrated. I have looked to see if anyone has this trouble but nothing I can find to help...is there someone who can help me get rid of it? I have used awdare and RK but it is still there, so I am not sure if it is a infection, but the codec is messing with my comp, it freezes and some flyby internet is now going on my comp, it is so complicated. Help please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hello and welcome.. Let's try this first.
How to uninstall DivX

You may have to install it again first if you removed parts.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Mar1ez

Mar1ez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

I have done all that and it still won't uninstall. It seems to be locked in somehow. I dunno. Thanks, I have disabled from Mozilla and Chrome.

I hate to do it, but I am reintalling Divx now.
Mar1ez

Edited by Mar1ez, 09 January 2013 - 05:41 AM.

#4 Mar1ez

Mar1ez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

OK, so I did a complete install, then uninstall and it is gone now, thanks for all that. To Insanity and Beyond !

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

:thumbup2:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users