Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Fried? Dell Studio 1558 Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guy Jolly

Guy Jolly

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I have a Dell Studio 1558 running Windows 7.

I had my laptop connected up to an additional monitor.

My problem started when the screen on the laptop kind of flashed and then went white. I had to do a hard shut down and when I restarted it, it seemed to work fine. Later it did the same kind of thing again but this time when I tried to turn it back on it wouldn't come back properly. When I try to turn it on now I can hear the disc drive start up and it sounds like it is trying to read the disc (I have a linux Ubuntu 11.10 disc in it seeing if it was an OS problem, now it is stuck in there), Also my key board lights up (backlit). But other than that it doesn't seem to do anything. The screen stays black. I also tried to start it up with it being attached to the additional monitor but no sign of life from it either. Also, if I leave it on for a little bit the fan will start up.

It has been suggested to me that it might be the motherboard fried but I wanted to ask around a bit before I invested in replacing it. If I left out anything important please tell me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users