Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Restarts After Inactivity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 calliestapler

calliestapler

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:32 PM

Hello, I have Windows XP Home with SP2 on an older model Compaq PC and I have a problem. My computer restarts itself after periods of inactivity (sometimes just a few minutes, all the way up to several hours). It does not do this when it is being used or when I am on the internet. It wouldn't even bother me except I like to keep the computer on "constant on" with my pictures slideshow playing. When it restarts itself, having no particular user logged on, it just defaults to a Windows XP generic screensaver. I have checked the event log and the same 3 error logs in the same order keep coming up: 1)The ISEXEng service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. 2)The WinTools for IE service service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. 3)The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced. Then several information events (same ones in the same order) appear which, I take it, are the actions taken when the computer restarted. Does anyone know what all this means and how to fix the problem? I am NOT a computer tech by any means. I only got this far from reading other forum questions/answers. I recently installed McAfee Security Suite 8.0. That is the only recent change made to my computer. Please help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:36 PM

Have you cleaned it or had it cleaned lately? If not the build up of heat could cause a shut down. Cleaning the Interior of your PC
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

Threat: eXact.ISEXEng

Alias: ISEXEng

Threat type: Trojan -

Advice: Remove

Threat risk: Severe Risk
Severe risk threats are typically installed without user interaction through security exploits, and may allow an attacker to remotely control the infected machine. Such threats may allow the attacker to install additional malware and use the compromised machine to participate in denial of service attacks, spamming, and bot nets, or to transmit sensitive data to a remote server. The malware may be cloaked and not visible to the user. These threats severely compromise the system by lowering security settings, installing “backdoors,” infecting system files, or spreading to other networked machines.

Description: eXact.ISEXEng is a Trojan Windows service installed by BargainBuddy and CashBack.

Author: eUniverse.com Inc/eXact Advertising, LLC
http://research.sunbelt-software.com/threa...&threatid=15030

This is an undesirable program.

This file has been identified as a program that is undesirable to have running on your computer. This consists of programs that are misleading, harmful, or undesirable.

If the description states that it is a piece of malware, you should immediately run an antivirus and antispyware program. If that does not help, feel free to ask us for assistance in the forums.

Name: ISEXEng
Filename: angelex.exe
Command: Unknown at this time.
Description: This file is associated with adware. It is known to download and install other spware and adware on to your computer. This service should definitely be stopped and disabled.
File Location: %System%
Startup Type: This startup entry is installed as a Windows NT, 2000, 2003, or XP service.
Service Name: ISEXEng
Service Display Name: ISEXEng
HijackThis Category: O23 Entry

Your computer seems to be infected with known malware.

The best thing to do is download, install, update and run the following two applications (which you need to have on your computer anyway)

Ad-Aware SE Personal - freeware
http://www.lavasoft.com/
Click on Adaware SE Personal in “Products” on the left side of the page
Or it may be easier to find it here:
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Adawa...nal/965718306/1

Spybot S&D: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
Be sure to enable “Teatimer” which gives you realtime protection against malware invasion. (absolutely necessary)

Run them using safe mode and let them fix what they find.

Following that that I suggest you post a “HijackThis” log for expert assistance with your problem.

Read the pinned post in our “HijackThis” forum, here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Carefully read and follow all directions explicitly.

Following instructions run a log, and post it in following HJT forum,
at this link. Include a brief description of your computer (ie, processor, amount of RAM, brand or motherboard, etc, and the problem you are experiencing.)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/posthjtlog.html

Unless you are expert at editing the registry, Do not as yet attempt to fix anything by yourself using Hijack This as even what may seem to be a small mistake can render your op system inoperable.
Some files when in one folder may be fine while in another may be malware.

A member of our HJT Team will analyze your log, make recommendations and offer assistance.

It may take a period of time to get a response to the log you posted because the members of our HJT Team are kept very busy.
Please be patient as this team is manned by volunteers. They will help you in order received as soon as possible.

NOTE
Once you have posted your HJT log, please DO NOT make any additional posts in the HJT forum thread you created until you get a response from a member of our HJT expert team, and do not make any changes to your system (changes, including any attempted repairs, will make it different than displayed in the log you posted and therefore make your log inaccurate).

The first criteria they have when looking for logs that need replies are posts showing 0 replies. If you make an additional post, it will show as having 1 reply.
A team member, looking for a new log to work on might well assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and might not open the thread to respond.

So, make your post and wait for a response from a team member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users