Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with finding appropriate drivers for my desktop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 notinfallible

notinfallible

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

I just installed Adobe Premiere Elements and while trying to start a new project for the first time, a message popped up saying they have detected a generic display driver on my machine. While pondering if this was something that was going to be crucial or not, I started thinking......how many of my drivers are outdated and/or generic versions?

I have an older desktop......

Gateway 830GM Media Center PC, XP sp3, I have added a 600GB harddrive, 2GB of RAM, and a different CD burner.

Gateway doesn't offer any updates for this computer anymore. You can still get updates from like 2007, but I'm sure there are updates for the BIOS or something.

I am just wondering if there is software that I could use to find out this stuff, or is there some place I could go and provide to somebody and they'll check it over and tell me what I need to do.

I apologize if I'm not making any sense, and I would appreciate any insight or suggestions that anyone might have for me.

Thank you....
-over and out....

Edited by notinfallible, 06 January 2013 - 11:35 PM.

The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

The driver downloads are HERE. They are fairly recent only a year or two old. As far as BIOS updates go there is one rule. If it is working LEAVE IT ALONE. Done improperly it can cause you more harm than good. As far as other drivers you most likely will not be able to find any drivers anywhere else. Even if you did manage to find some thing I would be leary since most "box" computers tweek the BIOS and sometimes even the hardware in the products they include in their computers.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users