Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer won't load windows

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jaimelynn1313

Jaimelynn1313

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

The other day I was on my laptop computer and it froze. I had to hard shut it down (like I have done in the past) and when I tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't go past the "starting windows" screen. I have pressed F8 and F10 when I turned it back on and tried everything that it gives me the option for. It won't allow me to go into safe mode. It ends up doing the same thing as when I just try turning on the computer normally, doesn't go past the starting windows screen. I have had this computer for 3 years and have never had an issue with it until now. I don't even know if I still have the discs still or not (don't believe I do). Is my computer fried or is it fixable without the discs? Someone please help. Luckily I have my kids PC that I can still use but trying to get a turn with 5 kids is nearly impossible.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

What is the make and model of your laptop?

#3 Jaimelynn1313

Jaimelynn1313
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

sony vios

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

IF you want to reinstall Windows there may be a hidden recovery partition on your laptop.

To find out follow the directions here Sony Support-System Recovery

A system recovery will delete everything in your pictures, music, documents, etc. If you use an email client mail in the client will also be lost.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 January 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#5 Jaimelynn1313

Jaimelynn1313
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Thank you so much for the reply. I will try it tomorrow afternoon and reply back with the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users