Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Toshiba Satellite A100 CPU upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pr0m3th3u5

pr0m3th3u5

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

I've upgraded my gf's Satellite A100-TA102C CPU from a Celeron M 420 to Core 2 Duo T5600, both socket M's and both supported by the chipset which I believe is 945PM. The BIOS is the newest version 5.6, ram has also been upgraded from 533 to 667MHz. When the power button is pressed I can hear the HDD spin up and the CD ROM activate, CPU fan spin up and the HDD LED lights up and stays lit...nothing is displayed on the screen and the laptop just sits there...just want to make sure I crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's before I give up and throw the old CPU back in...any ideas if I'm doing something wrong or anything else I could try to make this work?? I've read on other threads people have tried a similar upgrade and it worked like a charm with the new BIOS version...could the CPU be dead?? I got it used.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pr0m3th3u5

pr0m3th3u5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

...it's a 940 chipset not 945 so only supports Celeron M's... :censored:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users